Getting Ready for Fall
October 1, 2015
Getting your lawn ready for fall is usually the last thing on your mind. School is starting, holidays are coming up and everyday tasks take up all of your time. It’s easy to think, “I’ll take care of my lawn when it turns green again”. In reality, fall is the best time to prepare for that lush green lawn that will make your yard the envy of the neighborhood.
During the fall, your grass is absorbing energy, moisture and nutrients getting ready for the long winter. Experts encourage homeowners to do the following;
- Keep Mowing-continue to mow thru the fall season, lowering your blade on the last two cuttings
- Aerate the Soil-provides oxygen, water and allows fertilizer to reach the roots
- Rake the Leaves-leaving leaves in the yard could smother your grass and cause diseases
- Fertilize-this will deliver essential nutrients for the grass to grow deep roots
- Fill in Bald Spots-use an all-in-one lawn repair mixture
- Control Weeds-now is the time to tackle those pesky dandelions
Now you have gotten the lawn ready, it’s time to decorate for fall. Here is a HGTV video to jump start your fall decorating ideas. Check out this great video
I have also posted lots of gardening ideas for your fall gardens on our Baessler Homes Pinterest
Have a great week getting ready for fall!