The Digital Media Specialist is a tech-savvy, creative storyteller at heart with the skills and talents to bring their vision to life. This role will provide a variety of digital content to attract new customers and help keep existing ones engaged on various platforms. The Digital Media Specialist will work directly with other Marketing Department team members to produce creative, compelling, and beautiful photos and videos to bring the Baessler brand to life.
The ideal candidate demonstrates a key focus on collaboration. We believe that the best ideas will often come from a group. The Digital Media Specialist should value getting it right rather than being right.
• Average of 40 hours per week (8 am-5 pm M-F), some weekends may be required for events.
• Frequent travel for community location shoots, educational growth, and development is required.
• Some after-hours, lunch meetings, and weekends may occasionally be required for training, event coverage, or to meet deadlines.
• Creation of digital media content using company-provided equipment
• Travel to Baessler communities on a monthly/bi-weekly basis to create photo, video, and drone content. Content is inclusive of, but not limited to, footage of model homes, closed homes, community or city, construction process, team members, trade partners, homebuyer interviews, and event coverage.
• Edit photos and videos for internal and external multi-channel campaigns including broadcast, social media, and other digital outlets for the Baessler Homes brand, in a timely manner
• Edit photos or virtual tours to include virtual staging as needed
• Design digital media campaigns aligned with company business goals using digital media channels such as company website, Youtube, Instagram, and Facebook
• Monitor, gather data, measure, and analyze the results of the campaigns
• Organize and oversee metadata and tagging of photo and video library on company server
• Collaborate closely with members of the sales & marketing team strategically to improve and innovate visual communications and promotions of the Baessler Homes brand
• Adhere to company standards and promote our mission, vision, and values
• Additional responsibilities as needed.
Education and Experience
• Preferred Bachelor’s degree in digital media, marketing, or related field
• 1+ years of experience in digital marketing
• 1+ years of experience in photography and videography, including lighting setup and camera operation
• Solid knowledge of design and editing software such as Adobe InDesign, Lightroom, Photoshop, and Premiere Pro
• Familiarity with paid social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube
• Preferred drone piloting experience
• Microsoft Office experience (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams)
• Organizational planning and time managing skills
• Self-motivated and resourceful problem-solver
• Outgoing and great with people – can easily approach others for pictures, quotes, etc.
• Ability to occasionally stand, walk, crawl, climb, reach, bend, kneel, balance, stoop, or sit up for more than eight hours a day.
• Use of hands to feel or reach objects and tools.
• Hearing and talking with several people during or most of the entire work shift.
• The use of varying vision abilities such as close vision, peripheral, depth, and adjusting focus.
• Being able to move around in the work area independently or without external help.